Saturday, July 17, 2010

Anne of Green Gables day seven: pearl ring tutorial



Last year I made a pearl ring and forgot about it. A few months ago, I found it and fell in love with it and wore it a million times. a couple days ago, I wore it for my Anne of Green Gables photoshoot. I chose to wear it because Anne loved pearls and her engagement ring had pearls on it. 

To make the ring you will need:

a pearl shank button

and

silver beading wire

and 

wire cutters.

1. First, make a wire circle that fits the finger you will wear the ring on. I used a piece of pipe that was the same thickness as my finger to shape the wire. Loop the wire two or three times to make the circle thicker.

2. Next, cut a piece of wire about two to three inches long. Draw it through the loop on the pearl button. begin wrapping the wire around your wire circle to attach the pearl to the ring. Use the extra wire to wrap around the pearl. 


Then you're done! Enjoy your beautiful ring. =]


No comments:

Post a Comment