[blouse: yard sale find; shirt: Target; pants: thrifted; shoes: yard sale find; necklace: bought while on vacation]
This is an old picture that I found while browsing through the picture files on my computer. I believe this was taken last summer/fall. I love the pairing of the floral shoes and the striped pants. Unfortunately, these shoes were too small and I've given them away. I recently spilled nail polish on these pants, so they are also out of commission as well. However, I have plans to turn them into shorts, since the stain is on the lower leg.
Happy Thursday everyone! Anyone else looking forward to the weekend? =p
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? I stand in front of my closet and try on clothes until I like something. This usually either takes ten seconds, or ten minutes.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? Eh, I'm not really the planning-things-in-advance type. Sometimes, if it's a super special occasion I've been looking forward to for a long time, I'll plan what I'm going to wear.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat? Nothing in particular...I just rely on my memory. Which isn't so great sometimes. =p
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? I mix and match a lot, so I find new combinations that way.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? Ha, if anybody knows, then tell me! ;]
Check out Modly Chic to see the other participants in this week's Friend Friday!
[shirt: gift shop at Olympia National Park; skirt: I made it; belt: charity sale find; tights: drugstore; boots: charity sale find]
I tried a little pattern mixing here, with the patterned skirt and a shirt with a design. I made this skirt using this special fabric. It's special for two reasons. First, it came from Africa! My uncle and aunt were missionaries in Togo, and they bought this fabric as well as some in a green pattern. It's also cool because this cloth is over ten years old.
[dress: hand-me-down from a friend; jeggings: Target; boots and scarf: garage sale finds; glove: vintage/chopped up by yours truly]
See that white stuff behind me? Yeah, that would be the snow we had a few weeks ago. I wasn't too thrilled...but then it melted so I was happy.
Today is the fifth day of Natasha's fashion week. As you can tell, I'm super late getting my first entry in...yeah, like five days late...Anyways, it's an awesome event and the prize looks cool so check it out, everybody!