Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1: Rules of Engagement -

It's Friend Friday over at Modly Chic. Check it out!



1. Guest posts are a good way to gain new exposure. What do you think
is the appropriate way to go about securing a guest spot?

I would email the blogger and politely ask for a guest spot.

2. Leaving comments is essential to growing your blog. But how can you
leave a comment without coming across as ‘Follow Me. Follow Me!’?

Make the comment sincere, and related to the post. I usually leave my blog url at the bottom of my comments, which I think works in a not too pushy way.
3. We’ve all gotten a mass email at one time or another asking for
blog exposure, a link exchange, etc… But the mass emails don’t work.
How do you make your email stand out from the crowd?

I've never sent out any emails...I guess I would just try to be myself and hope somebody likes me.

4. In interacting with other bloggers where do you draw the line
between seeking support and begging for exposure?

Hmm, the line is different for everybody. Some bloggers would find certain actions to be too pushy that others would be fine with.


5. What’s one rule of engagement error you made and how have you
remedied that?

 A couple of times I've commented in a hurry, not really caring about what I was saying, just hoping I would get comments back. Now I really concentrate on meaning what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment